QUEBRADA DE LOS CONDORES
South of the Province of La Rioja, on the tops of the Sierra de los Llanos, is a charming place, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, a typical place from the thirteenth century, where we can enjoy picnics, meals prepared by locals and a quiet evening, to get ready for the horseback ride to the home of the Condors guided also by locals to a ravine at the edge of the stunning Sierra.
Total Distance by vehicle: 380 Km.
Horseback ride distance: 5 km. one way, 10 km. total.
2 Days – 1 Night
- Transfers from La Rioja with full-time guide/driver from the company.
- 1 night accommodation in Tourist Site “Quebrada de los Condores” with dinner and breakfast.
- Lunch (you can opt for a delicious Goat baked at clay oven typical of the place).
- Horseback riding and / or trekking to the condors nests.
- Local Guides.
- Day 1: Tour Quebrada de los Condores: starting from La Rioja towards Punta de los Llanos, Tama and Paca tala. Ascent to the Sierra de los Llanos tracks between mountain streams and picturesque landscapes to Estancia Santa Cruz de la Sierra in the south Rioja. Accommodation in Tourist Site “Quebrada de los Condores” in rooms with private bathroom, can enjoy the crystal clear waters of mountain streams, sunbathe and take a bath in the natural pools formed between the rounded rocks. In the afternoon homemade bread with mate or tea around the campfire or a walk around to wait for the evening to enjoy a hearty typical dinner with local desserts made by the locals.
- Day 2: In the morning after the country breakfast with bread and homemade jams, we take a 2 hours horseback ride combined with some trekking to the top of the Sierra crossing green pastures between abundant granitic rocks of various shapes and sizes to the edge of the mountain, steep rocky cliffs where condors have their home. Shortly after arriving in this natural balcony we began to spot lots of condors flying around us over our heads and sometimes below the steep cliff, allowing us to have a very close view of these magnificent birds from all angles. After an hour in the place, we return to our horses to return to the ranch, where a roast goat await for us. In the evening, around 3 pm we start the drive back to the city of La Rioja, arriving about 6 pm.